2022-2023 HCI Grants Application
Are you looking for funding for your project or event, of up to $2500? Application’s for the 2022-2023 HCI Grants Application are now open. Check back here for more updates!
- Be a SOLE-registered group.
- Be a group signatory in order to access the funding page
- Must have a passion for advancing health equity and propose projects that are sustainable and aligned with Semel HCI’s goals to further student health and wellness!
Project proposals should address one or more of Semel HCI’s five campaigns or address another topic related to health equity on campus
- EatWell: Nutrition/diet/food
- MoveWell: Physical activity/exercise
- MindWell: Mind-brain health (psychological wellbeing/creative achievement/sleep)
- BEWell: The creation of a healthy community/built and natural environment
- EngageWell: Foresting social wellbeing and resilience, or address another issue relating to faculty, student, and/or staff health and wellbeing.
UCLA is uniquely situated to make tangible change on campus and in the surrounding Los Angeles community. For this cycle, we will be specifically orienting our funding decisions towards projects that explicitly aim to address these matters by improving health equity as well as improving the health status of groups that have suffered from the racial, ethnic, and economic injustice that has permeated our national life.
You can access the recording of the workshop with more information on applying for Student Group Grants here. We recommend watching it before you submit your application.
Applications will be available starting September 19, 2022 and accepted on a rolling basis. The recommended application deadline is October 28, 2022. They can be found on MyUCLA under Campus Life -> Student Organizations -> Fund Requests. Only valid Signatories or the Group Administrator of student organizations can access and submit the grant application.
PROJECTS FROM PREVIOUS YEARS
- In the 2021-2022 academic year, HCI funded 10 student group projects, which can be viewed here.
- In the 2020-2021 academic year, HCI funded 9 student group projects, which can be viewed here.
- In the 2019-2020 academic year, HCI funded 26 student group projects, which can be viewed here.
- In the 2018-2019 academic year, HCI funded 20 student group projects, which can be viewed here.
- In the 2017-2018 academic year, HCI funded 27 student group projects, which can be viewed here.
- In the 2016-2017 academic year, HCI funded 27 student group projects, which can be viewed here.
- In the 2015-2016 academic year, HCI funded 25 student group projects, which can be viewed here.